Can you guess what this is a map of?
What chance does a calf have when caught by a pride of lions and a pair of crocodiles? Doesn’t seem very good…
Quote at end: “You could sell this video.” Thanks to Scot.
Cold front came across the country. These are the cities I have in My Yahoo! weather block. Chilly friends up north.
A tip to take to the beach….
“If you’re being approached by a shark, you certainly want to act aggressively toward the animal. They’re a predator, they respect size and power,” Burgess said.
“If you can smack them on the nose, certainly do so … sharks seem to respect pops on the nose.”
It cost more that gasoline. It is no better or worse for you than tap water. In most cases, people cannot tell the difference in blind taste tests.
The Penn & Teller alley-water test is funny….
I heard this story on NPR, but the QuickTime video showing an Octopus walking (treading?) on two legs is surprising.
This is a remarkable “natural light” photograph of the moon Mimas floating in front of Saturn.
1. Naked Mole Rats are neither moles nor rats.
2. The queen will use her nose to violently poke the noses of family members.
3. Their teeth are on the outside of their mouths.
4. They have a good reason for rolling around in poop.
5. They have a good reason for eating their food twice.
Want to know why? Here is an entertaining and well written article: